The Frenchy Way (check out her lovely French blog and insta) nominated me for the Liebster Award so I thought why not give it a try and tell you something about me in a way that I normally probably wouldn’t (#introvert). Let’s get the “facts” out of the way before getting started, alright?
The rules of the Liebster Award (I’ve translated those from French, so bear with me. Also, I’m not sure if those are the most recent ones. We’ll go with those for now)
- Tell 11 random facts about you.
- Answer 11 questions by the person that nominated you.
- Now ask 11 bloggers (I cheated on this one a little) to answer a set of 11 questions that you’ve created.
- Eat 11 chocolats (is that really a rule? Not that it would bother me, just asking).
11 random facts about me
- I drink more tea now than coffee.
- Hello, I am a YouTube addict.
- Hello, I am a Netflix addict.
- I would love to know how to really crawl. And not just for a few seconds, like really.
- I would like to now how to cook more creatively.
- I love discovering and exploring new places, museums, restaurants and cafés.
- A great scenario for a casual sunny Sunday: Sitting in a café, enjoying a nice cup of coffee, basking in the sun (without a coat on) and watching people walking by.
- Indulging in a donut every once in a while and LOVING it.
- Somehow I find breakfasts at a hotel exciting and always look forward to them (even though they sometimes aren’t as great as I hoped they would be).
- I love improvised evenings with friends, where nothing is planned and we just sit in a kitchen and eat and drink and talk for hours.
- It genuinely made me happy going swimming in the lake in the summertime (back in Zurich).
Answering The Frenchy Way’s Questions (I got a bit lazy and didn’t translate everything (I’m sure you’ll understand)
- Pourquoi as-tu ouvert un blog ? Because I somehow wanted to document my new life in the States. Also, I think I’ve always wanted to do it.
- Quel a été ton tout premier voyage ? My first trip must have been as a baby from Paris to Barcelona I guess, I’d need to ask my parents.
- Quel est ton meilleur bon plan voyage ? See as much as possible while also allowing enough time for relaxing and enjoying being in a new place.
- Quelle est ta playlist du moment (6 artistes ou pistes) ? Maggie Rogers, Lorde, Bombay Bicycle Club, Two Door Cinema Club, Ed Sheeran.
- Une série à voir absolument et pourquoi ? Currently I am loving “Call The Midwife”, it will just make you feel good. On my all times favorites list though are “30 Rock”, “Parks and Recreation” and “The Office”. All will make you laugh. FOR SURE.
- Quel est l’objet dont tu ne peux pas te passer ? My sofa and my bed. Both very necessary.
- Si tu étais un juron ? People would have a good time because I find it hard judging people and being mean. Does that make sense?
- Mer, montagne, ville ou campagne ? Everything.
- Quel est ton plat favori ? Everything fresh and tasteful will make my belly happy, doesn’t have to be complicated.
- Qu’est-ce qui te fais rire ? A lot of things, animal or human babies doing cute things, clever people making fun jokes.
- Que fais tu pour te ressourcer ? Take a bath, do a face mask. Drink a glass of wine. Relax.
And the nominees and my 11 questions are…
- What is your favorite thing to do on a Sunday morning?
- What is a talent you have?
- Your favorite piece of clothing (or accessories) and why?
- Your favorite item (could be furniture, a mug etc.) in your living space and why?
- What are you scared of?
- What makes you laugh?
- How do you treat yourself?
- What is the favorite part of your day (like in a “ordinary” day)?
- What makes you genuinely happy?
- My favorite candy/sweet is…
- Your first word as a baby was…
- With Lea (her IG is the BOMB, check it out here)
- My Theory On Blooming
- Hannah Teslin
- The French Italianista (you can obviously answer in French if you’d like to;-))
- The Lovely Locale
You all rock girls, have a lovely day!